Find answers at these online sites
Sometimes my friends and I have questions about our Medicare benefits and other topics related to Medicare. Are there any helpful websites when we have a quick question?
The State Health Insurance Assistance Program is always a great resource for people with Medicare. SHIP’s website, www.medicare.in.gov, covers a little bit of everything related to Medicare.
The following websites are some of our favorites for Medicare beneficiaries.
Medicare – www.medicare.gov
· Check your enrollment
· Compare Medicare Health
Plans and/or Part D Drug Plans
· Enroll in a Medicare Plan
· Numerous other resources
MyMedicare – www.myMedicare.gov
· Search and review your Medicare claims and Medicare Summary Notices
· Track your preventive services
· Keep track of your health care providers
· View your health care plans, prescription drugs and supplemental insurance all in one place.
Social Security – www.socialsecurity.gov
· Get or replace a Social Security card
· Apply online for retirement benefits
· Apply online for disability benefits
· Apply online for Medicare
· Apply for Extra Help with Medicare prescription drug costs
· Many other helpful tools
National Council on Aging – www.NCOA.org
· Helps match you with programs to help pay for medications, health care, food, utilities,
· Offers other information geared toward seniors
Healthcare Marketplace – www.healthcare.gov
Helps you purchase insurance plans (typically not for Medicare beneficiaries)
Indiana Family and Social Services – www.in.gov/fssa
· Check eligibility for Medicaid
· Learn more about assistance with Medicare costs
· Apply for the Medicare Savings Program
· Other information and resources for affording personal care
Indiana Association of Area Agencies on Aging – www.iaaaa.org
AAAs deliver home and community-based services to older adults, and to people with disabilities of any age and their caregivers. On this website, you can:
· Find comprehensive list of resources relevant to older adults and people with disabilities living in Indiana.
· Find an agency near you.
If you or someone you know needs help understanding Medicare benefits or with other Medicare related issues, call 1-800-452-4800, or 866-846-0139 TDD.
You can also find us on Facebook and Twitter.